- 3:56 pm - Sat, Jul 14, 2012
A few weeks ago my dad and I installed new floors in our home. They look great and we saved a lot of money by installing them ourselves. However, doing it myself cost me my healthy feet. All of the squatting required to install floors has injured the ball of my left foot. Consequently, it became unbearable to wear dress shoes. So, today I bought some very comfortable Clark’s to replace my 7 year-old Bass penny loafers. Bye ol’fellas; thanks for the memories.
- 7:03 am - Fri, Jul 13, 2012
Son’s First Cold
I don’t remember Ian ever having a cold until now. It’s been sad to see our little eight month old cope with his first cold - every sneeze is followed by a cry.
- 10:23 pm - Thu, Jul 12, 2012
Late night random thought:
Life is happening too fast! Slow down, forget your agendas, and enjoy every moment. Think less about others’ ideas, and dream up some of your own. Read less and write more. Turn off the news - it is usually garbage anyways. Create something new! Help those who need it, and ask for help when you do. Life has both high and low points - don’t believe either last forever.
- 8:14 am - Tue, Jul 26, 2011
- 44 notes
I love the name Franz. I picture this name belonging to a middle-aged German man who is selling something of very high quality for a very reasonable price.
- 10:18 am - Fri, Apr 15, 2011
- 10 notes
This is super interesting! It shows how your tax dollars are spent. Here are some that I found interesting (the percentages represent a percent of tax paid, not a percent of income):
- Iraq / Afghanistan - 4.7% of the tax I pay goes to fund these wars.
- Low-Income Assistance - 9.3% - Can I count this as a charitable donation?
- Interest on National Debt - 12% - WHAT?!?! This is insane. Interestingly, this site also shows what portion of the national debt belongs to each American (this includes your children). The number is $48,382 per American. In my house there’s 3 of us (Erin, Lucy, and me) - that’s $145,146. MY MORTGAGE IS LESS THAN THAT!!! Moving on…
- NASA - 0.5% - I actually thought this would be more.
- NOAA - 0.1% - These are the people who provide weather data.
- White House/Congress Operation - 0.2% - Includes congressman/woman’s, President’s, VP’s salaries.
There are tons more. Go check it out!
- 10:15 am - Mon, Mar 7, 2011
- 4 notes
This is AMAZING! Simon Schubert creates absolutely amazing art by simply (or not so simply) folding paper to create creases in the paper. Each crease is like a line drawn on paper. Click on the above picture to link to more amazing pieces.
- 8:23 pm - Wed, Feb 9, 2011
Italian Sausage Soup (Taken with Instagram at Fielding House)